Urban One is currently seeking to fill an Associate position. Applicants should view the following job posting for more information:
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Job Type: Associate (Independent Contractor)
Deadline: August 15, 2014
Hours: Full Time -40hrs week (minimum)
Company Description: Urban One is a boutique Los Angeles based firm that specializes in the development and management of complex urban real estate projects for its own interest, as well as for public and private clients. We are passionate about real estate, infrastructure, and transit projects that create lasting change in communities. Our firm has a strong track record that has our reputation as problem solvers. Our projects are typically complex, controversial, and/or involve numerous, often competing interests. Learn more about Urban One at www.urbanone.com.
Notable projects and acquisitions underway are:
- Managing a $100M multifamily and resort due diligence and entitlement effort.
- Development (entitlements, permitting, construction management, tenant coordination, etc.) of several shopping centers located throughout Southern California of varying sizes for a national public retail REIT.
- Managing and building a modern day streetcar system and related infrastructure in Downtown Los Angeles.
- Financial Advisory / Consultation for clients and investment firms acquiring all asset types.
In addition to executing the above projects and seeking out similar consulting opportunities, Urban One is aggressively looking at new deals to own, develop, and manage. These deals include:
- Mid-market multi-family (or mixed-use) Development (15-100 units);
- Multi-family (or mixed-use) Adaptive Reuse Redevelopment;
- Multi-family Value-Add/Rehab;
- Retail Value-Add/Rehab;
- Student Housing; and
- Senior Housing.
The candidate will manage and oversee many aspects of the firm’s projects, including:
- Project Coordination: manage, coordinate and follow-up with all consultants, public agencies, and other parties to ensure projects meet delivery milestones. Associate will be responsible for updating the project schedule, tracking deliverables, and advising the PM on potential critical path and timing conflicts.
- Project Due Diligence / Underwriting / Research: assist Project Manager and senior staff with due diligence efforts on various projects, including zoning/entitlement review, financial analysis/underwriting, legal research, coordination with consultant team(s), etc.
- Contracts / Grant Administration: assist in the creation, management, and oversight of existing and future contracts, accounting, and cost reporting.
- General Organization Support: oversee a broad range of tasks related to general organization support, including internal strategy, business development, etc.
Mandatory Qualifications: Candidates applying for the position should have the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in the area of Urban Planning, Real Estate, Finance, Construction Management or Engineering (with a minor in Business or Real Estate).
- Exhibit excellent writing, research, networking and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with report writing or grant writing.
- Ability to verbalize concepts and effectively pitch the company’s goals and services.
- Highly motivated, resilient, organized and self-directed individual eager to learn all facets of real estate, planning, and project management.
- Underwriting, financial analysis, and technical coursework/experience preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including knowledge of financial modeling in Excel.
- Approximately 1-2 years of experience in urban planning, real estate development, construction management, consulting, private equity or investment banking.
DOE. Compensation will be based on a consulting/independent contractor basis.
Applicant Submission: Please submit resume/cover letter to email@example.com (please include the subject line “Application – Associate Position” in the subject) or contact your local representative where this posting was listed.